Monday, September 29, 2008

the simple life


The simple life. It seems like such an elementary term. But, truly, what does it entail? Some thoughts.......


The other day my Hannah came up to me and told me how she wanted to live back in the "Little House On the Prairie" days. She wanted to have a farm and not have anything but indoor plumbing. She wanted to wear her calico dress and her bonnet and make bread. I thought,"oh, how cute," and continued to wash dishes, (well, rise under my faucet and put them into the dishwasher...not very "prairie" like).


Well, in complete awe and humbled heart, I continued to think about what she said. Not only am I thankful that she is beginning to embrace our new way of the Biblical life, but I am just so thankful that the Lord is doing something amazing and wonderful in the heart of my beautiful first born. Yes, it has been a struggle, but I see the fruit and I am blessed.


So, simple life, sure we could go without electricity, Internet and cell phones, but it was life of a man with a simple message who came many years ago to take the sin of the world upon His shoulders so that we could simply have Him.......That is the life we all should long for.........

Be Blessed

No comments: