Saturday, September 20, 2008

words

I praise God for His new mercies each and everyday.

Wow...I am learning so much from my Heavenly Father....and my earthly father as well....

Lately, my mind and my emotions have been in a "bit" of a down-ward spiral. Call it "post-pardum" or call it "life", it is all based on the lies and entanglement of the enemy. I struggle with doubt and unbelief, but I serve a risen Savior whom has overcome both, and in that I place my full trust and hope.

As I was on the phone with my dad today, I knew he could tell just by the tone in my voice that I was feeling down and discouraged. In his amazing way, he kept repeating these words, "Don't quit...Don't quit...DO NOT EVER QUIT!"

I knew that God was using my earthly father to speak words to my heart....Don't quit...Don't quit...DO NOT EVER QUIT! It is these words and many other positive and encouraging words that my dad has said my whole life, that has propelled me to accomplish some pretty extraordinary things. I thank the Lord for that. And those words he spoke today still ring like the remnants of the sound of gun-fire at the beginning of a race. Don't quit...Don't quit...DO NOT EVER QUIT!

My spirit has been renewed and the newness of HIS daily mercy has washed over me like a warm shower. I have so long to go, but it is the Lord that is strengthening me and pruning me, for HIS Glory. In HIM I must rest. In HIM I must find peace and settle in it and in HIM I must hang on to these words, Don't quit...Don't quit...DO NOT EVER QUIT!
Be Blessed!

No comments: